[XviD-devel] Qpel Problem Samples

iibot at gmx.at iibot at gmx.at
Fri Sep 5 17:07:05 CEST 2003

I've been on the list for some time but lacked the time to contribute.

> Too bad, I thought it had worked for me...  :-(
> Okay, then we simply do a three-pass ;-) Encode the _full_ movie at
> const quant, with and without qpel, then use the better for third pass...

I know this was meant as a joke, but I believe things won't slow down much
if the first and second pass would be interleaved, since they work on the same
dataset per frame/slice/whatever anyway.

I promise to contribute more in the following weeks.

bis besser,
Tobias