[XviD-devel] TOOSMALL-LIMIT + Trellis

skal skal at planet-d.net
Tue Sep 9 16:15:21 CEST 2003

	Howdy everybody

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 23:56, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> Michael Militzer (michael at xvid.org) wrote:
> > > [1] The patch is still available for review:
> > > http://ed.gomez.free.fr/vrac/xvid-patches/mbtransquant-cleanup.diff
> >
> > I'm not competent enough. (yeah, I'll say that always from now on when
> > it saves me  from further work ;-)) - Christoph or  Skal should have a
> > look...
>
> Ok michael is not competent ;-) but what christoph?
>
> Is at least the new code logical, not comparing things that can't be
> compared ? Just fill in the following form:
> [ ] Yes, it's logical, please apply.
> [ ] No, you got it wrong, don't commit.
  [ ] Let's try to let the code figure out if he is right or not ;)

	my local xvid tree is a real mess, and i can't blindly
	test your diff, but i think there's one thing that will
	tell if the modif is correct or not: just let the treillis
	quant function do nothing and return the sum. If it gives
	exactly the same filesize / PSNR / caffeine contents /
	whatever when using trellis option or not, then it's ok.
	For instance, try adding a fake and fooling "Last_Node = -1;"
	at the end of the function. It should discard all of trellis'
	work...

	just an idea,

	bye!
		Skal