[XviD-devel] bug in xvid v0.9.2?

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Sat Sep 13 21:01:05 CEST 2003

Hello everyone,

Perhaps I found a bug in the xvid v0.9.2.
Sometime ago I reported that I have a strange Image after compressing
and decompressing an image from RGB32 to XviD and back.
Today I updated my XviD version with the newest CVS build and now
almost same code seems to work (except the differences between the
different APIs).

With the XviD v0.9.2, I encoded it with a stride value equal to the
width. But actually the documentation said that the stride value as to
be the byte offset of the next (4 times the width for RGB32). But that
caused the application to crash.

With the CVS build of the XviD (from today), theres no problem when I
use a stride value of 4 * width for RGB32 and the image is encoded and
decoded well. Is there possibly a bug in the color conversion functions?

I'm using a PowerBook G4 with Mac OSX v10.2.6 and compile with gcc v3.1
(if this helps).

Regards
Christoph