[XviD-devel] Possible Bug, Strange Blocks

skal skal at planet-d.net
Mon Sep 15 15:27:16 CEST 2003

	Hi,

	some thoughts:

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 14:11, Radek Czyz wrote:
> superdump wrote:
>
> > I have come across a similar looking bug which I have shown to Radek and
> > Edouard.
>
> > http://www.swains.plus.com/superdump/Bug.avi
>
> Indeed. Did we b0rk something with VOP header lately? The clip appears
> to have quant 1 in some places, which just might be the reason.

	there's a VOL header re-inserted just before the
	I-frame #162. Then the next (P) frame #163 starts
	b0rkenin'... Have some default values been assumed
	while re-emitting a VOL-header? (fcode?)
	Also: the sequence ("The Curiosity Company") just
	before the bug is blinking. Is it intended? And
	the very last frame #161 of this sequence, just
	before the bug has a strange superimposed "ghost"
	on it...
	Also, ffmpeg says, before the bug:

slice end not reached but screenspace end (156 left 17D7C5)bits/s
concealing errors
header damaged

	and then the quick brown fox jumps ... etc...
	Could this be an alignment problem?

	bye!
		Skal