[XviD-devel] variable size (rectangular) objects

Nicola Bicocchi vanguard79 at inwind.it
Tue Sep 16 14:38:44 CEST 2003

Hi at all,
  I'm trying to develop an application to send videos recorded by a fixed camera to a PDA.
I've a module that recognize moving objects (and procuce a statistical model of the background),
and now I would like to write a "simple" codec (based on xvid) which send interleaved streams (one for each object), and whenever it changes, updates the background.
The problem is that a Moving Object may have different size frame by frame and I didn't find a simple way to work with xvid.
Is there someone that could suggest me a way to encode with xvid a video sequence of frames which different sizes ?

thank you in advance,
Nicola