[XviD-devel] Possible Bug, Strange Blocks

Robert Swain rob at swains.plus.com
Sat Sep 20 11:43:55 CEST 2003

To continue, I've narrowed it down to VHQ. The errors never occur on the
first pass, only on the second. VHQ seems to be causing the broken bitstream
and also a lot of quant 1 P-Frames.

I tested using VHQ 1 for the first pass and VHQ 4 for the second, and also
using VHQ 1/2/3/4 for both passes. Altering which VHQ modes are used does
not appear to have much affect on the bug. But I am sure VHQ is the culprit.
I hope this helps in fixing it.
/me looks at Radek ;-)

Thanks