[XviD-devel] [RFC] Build process change for unix envs

Milos Spasovic mfluder at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 29 21:19:54 CEST 2003

> Commited a fixed, fixed, fixed version :-) Now i'm just waiting for a
> win32 user feedback using cygwin/minsys.

Well you have found at least one minsys user :-)

I have just tried this new build system and it compiles great, not a
single error (not even a warning), just perfect.

But what about makefiles for building vfw. Personally I don't have a
problem with that 'cause I modified those from dev-api-3 branch and
they do the job. But I'm thinking of those people who would like to
try dev-api-4 but don't know what to do to make vfw compile. And on
the other hand I certainly wouldn't mind not having to copy those
modified makefiles every time I make a new build :-) It wouldn't be
hard for you to make them work even if you don't have a place to test
them. If you don't have time just give me a shout if you want me to
send in makefiles that I'm currently using.

As always, great work Edouard.

Regards,
Milos