[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 1.0.0-rc4 available

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Mon Apr 5 00:22:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

a new XviD version has been released! So let's quote from the readme:

--

This is the 4th release candidate of XviD 1.0.0. Codenamed "Hola"

*This one isn't a joke, so you can really grab it*

With the RC3 release we  had valuable feedback which allowed us fixing
some annoying bugs that don't belong to a 1.0 version.  We really hope
this RC will be the last one, before we can all enjoy 1.0.

Changes since 1.0.0 RC3 (Ni Hao):

* xvidcore
  - GMC 1 warp point (DivX5)
  - GMC 2 warp point fix
  - Minor postproc code fixes.
  - Motion Vector clipping fix for stressing test cases.
  - Problems caused by wrong cooperation of bframes and frame dropping
    code.
  - Decoder provides quant information in stats.

* VFW frontend
  - Multiple instance memory leak fix.
  - Improved bitrate calculator.
  - Some other minor changes.

* DShow frontend
  - Release packages have all needed files to build from source.

--

The files are available in the download section of XviD.org:
http://www.xvid.org/downloads.html