[XviD-devel] Problems with self-wrote Mpeg-4 RTP session with QT

=?big5?q?Derek=20Chow?= chowgung at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 03:35:39 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I'm currently writing a DirectShow Filter in Windows
(or you can say a program) such to package live
streaming mpeg-4 video into RTP packages and broadcast
them to the network (unicast) for live streaming (the
mpeg-4 encoder used is XviD mpeg-4 encoder).

I used Bell Labs freeware library RTPlib to manage the
rtp session but all I got is QT connecting, buffering
and then showing me a terrible stream statistic. First
of all bitrate is less then it was expected (avg. 50
kBit for 63kBit videostream). It is not all. QT shows
me an error statistic of 3-11% packets loss. Why - I
have no idea. My simple listener I use to check the
program dumps all I send precicely - nothing is lost
but QT finds somewhere lost packets. And the worst.
Low bitrate entails the situation where QT does not
buffers the stream and so nothing is available to
show.

Does anyone have idea that how the problems occur and
how to fix them?

I would appreciate for any suggestions or comments.

Regards
Derek