[XviD-devel] [BUG] report from forum

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Apr 8 00:31:10 CEST 2004

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:
> i've asked that he/she try to identify which of the 3DNOWEXT functions
> contain  MMXEXT, so  that they  can be  classified into  pure 3DNOWEXT
> functions _and_ 3DNOWEXT+MMXEXT functions.

I doubt there are many "pure" 3dnowext functions in there, most of these
functions  were MMXEXT  functions scheduled  for K7  pipelines  (see the
header comments of 3dne files).

Applied proposed fix until we sort which's which:

2004-04-07 22:30:15 GMT patch-9

    Revision:
      xvidcore--stable--1.0--patch-9

    From Soltius (XviD Forum):
     * Most of 3dnow extension functions do use MMXEXT opcodes, so
       classify these functions as 3dnowext+mmxext. Avoids K6-2
       boxes to crash with an invalid instruction error reported
       by the host OS.

    PS: original bug report
    http://www.xvid.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1656

    modified files: