[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] 1.0 -- fixed buglet

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Apr 14 21:48:45 CEST 2004

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> Seems reasonable. I'll do more testing tomorrow.

You were right. But as usual we're lucky hackers, and our bugs aren't
impacting that much :-)

I commited a fix to the 1.0 branch, head merging will done as usual at
a later time. BS version bumped to 31, just in case. I need some
testing from users if we want to avoid another RC.

2004-04-14 19:45:23 GMT	                                	patch-14

    Revision:
      xvidcore--stable--1.0--patch-14

    From ed.gomez (spotted by jean marc):
     * Trellis optimization was computing the sum |coeffs| wrongly
       because the Compute_sum function wasn't doing zigzag scanning
       and stopped at last non zero coeffs in linear scanning...
       The trivial fix could have been to pass the zigzag to the compute
       sum function so it could have done its job right.
       But... Why computing stuff that is already known in the upper layer ?
       I removed the compute sum function, and just pass the original sum
       value in trellis function parameters, just in case we have to return
       it again because trellis failed optimizing the block coeffs.

       This fix the bug and saves cycles :-) (but should not be noticeable)

    modified files:
     src/utils/mbtransquant.c src/xvid.h

--
Edouard Gomez