[XviD-devel] [BUGLET?] win32 project files

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Apr 15 14:12:31 CEST 2004

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:
> i disagree!  on my box (vc6,sp+pp,winxp), fread(stdin) by xvid_decraw
> always returns zero, and therefore causes the decoding loop to exit.
> this results in zero frames decoded, and a div0 error when printing avg
> frame decoding time.

Damn a windows user using pipes ! :-)

> i've commited the following to release-1.0:
> 	#define ARCH_IS_LITTLE_ENDIAN missing for xvid_enc/decraw
> 	fixed xvid_decraw compile warnings and div0 error
> 	added xvid_decraw MSVC stdin eof warning

I'll see that this evening.

> ed, xvid_bench fails to compile under msvc, due to lack of a static lib.
> ive alrady commited a patch for this to cvshead. is it worth applying
> this to the release-branch?

This is known problem, and i did not know how to generate both the
static and the shared libs in a msvc project (one target, but two
binaries). xvid_bench building isn't really a show stopper.

> also ed(!), the examples makefile fails to build under mingw. it can be
> fixed by the following patch, but...
>
> -LDFLAGS = -lc -lm -lxvidcore
> +LDFLAGS = -static -L../build/generic/\=build -lxvidcore
>
> ... the libxvidcore make/output rules need to be modified. according to
> ld version 2.13.90 (20030111), the static library should be named
> libxvidcore.a _or_ xvidcore.lib.

Well, i did never think about mingw for this Makefile, my bad. I'll
work on it for later 1.0.x releases to mimic the vfw/core ones.

> currently when we build xvidcore with mingw we output:
> 	xvidcore.a (static) <-- incorrect
> 	xvidcore.dll (shared object)
> 	xvidcore.dll.a (shared object exports)
>
> when compiling (by default), the following names are sought
> 	libxvidcore.dll.a (shared object exports)
> 	xvidcore.dll.a (shared object exports)
> 	libxvidcore.a (static)
> 	libxvidcore.dll (shared object)
> 	xvidcore.dll (shared object)
> 	xvidcore.lib (static)
>
> when compiling with ld -static, the following names are sought:
> 	libxvidcore.a
> 	xvidcore.lib

Thanks for the details

--