[XviD-devel] Am I crazy?

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Mon Apr 19 14:16:32 CEST 2004

Christoph Lampert wrote:

> First, you could of course convert a few routines and check if there is
> any speedup at all... we tried ASM inlining before, and IIRC, the idea was
> better than the overall effect.

Okay, I'm convinced - my email must have been very criptic, somehow Jim
Hauxwell's follow-up is understood as mine...

I just wanted the goddamn debug info ;_;
I never expected any inlining, you can't do that with runtime cpu
detection anyway.
And no, I never wanted to keep two versions of the same code either.

Sorry guys, I'll try to explain better in the future.
Radek