[XviD-devel] Am I crazy?

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Apr 19 14:36:05 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Radek Czyz wrote:
> Okay, I'm convinced - my email must have been very criptic, somehow Jim
> Hauxwell's follow-up is understood as mine...
>
> I just wanted the goddamn debug info ;_;

Sorry, we should have reread the original.

> I never expected any inlining, you can't do that with runtime cpu
> detection anyway. And no, I never wanted to keep two versions of the
> same code either.

Okay, so how to get debug info without forcing Windows or Linux users to
switch compiler? We can forget MS to understand AT&T syntax, so
two ideas: make NASM output compatible debug info
(unlikely, and structures wouldn't be there at all).
Or the opposite direction to what you decribed? Would it be possible to
use Intel-syntax ASM for GCC as well? As far as I understand,  GAS
supports it since  version 2.10, but I never tried to actually do it.