[XviD-devel] How to optimize the xvid encoding algorithm?

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Aug 4 12:40:47 CEST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, jthou wrote:

> ME,calSAD
>=20
> perhaps you should use a faster ME algorithm.

ME is already heavily optimized, except for B-frames, possibly, which are=
=20
only normally optmized.

It might be better to do a profiling step for your own architecture=20
and see the hotspots yourself. Memory transfer stuff are big=20
contributors, maybe clever prefetch/caching might worth looking at.

gruel

2466/D353=A3=A42399 http://design.163.com/aocmonitor/index.html