[XviD-devel] x-vid algorithm explanation?

Ricardo Garcia rick_g22 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 00:46:36 CEST 2004

Hi, I've been searching in the web for an explanation on how
divx/xvid/ms-mpeg4 work.

I read a bit of the MPEG4 standard, and it's filled with
non-implementable (yet) stuff as sprites, textures, etc etc etc.

I'd really like to know how the algorithm works (mainly, to see how it
can be improved ;-) ). But all the explanations are rather about a
"how-to-encode-your-own" stuff.

Can you guys give me some directions? (and no "get the source code"
answers, please).

Thanks!