[XviD-devel] Idea for encoding iframes (or images for that matter)

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sat Aug 7 20:44:11 CEST 2004

Hi Ricardo,

as you seem to have noticed, there are millions of way to encode images,
and even more for video. But what you describe has nothing to do with
MPEG. I also can't see how encoding image blocks in quad-trees is supposed
to _compress_ the image. If you really go down to pixel resolution, and
get 1 vector per pixel?

Anyway, if you really are interested in MPEG-4, you should definitely
start the way I described. You will need background before you can improve
it.
If you are more interested in your own ideas, not connected to MPEG, maybe
xvid-devel isn't the right place for a discussion, but rather the
comp.compression newsgroup.

chl