[XviD-devel] How to get informations on a XVid bug ?

Harghh harghh at free.fr
Tue Aug 10 11:07:40 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have recurrent access violation problems with Xvid decoder on Windows,
but this is hard to reproduce.
I had this problem maybe 10 times in the past, but at each time only the
windows XP error box was showing (and nothing on W2K computers) so i get
very few infos about the bug itself.

I wanted to know if there is a way to get more information when an error
occurs (stack trace, etc.) or to use the WinXP error box infos.

Maybe it can be a good idea to include in Xvid an exception handler which
show a stack trace and various informations when a problem occurs. Does
anyone know about one ?

This will allow more useful bug report and improve Xvid quality.

Harghh