[XviD-devel] [CVS commits] decoder speedups and fixed cbr

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Aug 12 18:55:47 CEST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> heyhey
>
> commited a few things sitting on my HD for long time (decoder
> speedups from my tree) and Foxer's patch to CBR plugin that
> should really fix all known oddities (doesn't reach bitrate
> with bvops, bitrate bursts after still scene etc etc)
>
> So feedback is welcome for:
>  - decoding speed between 1.0.1 and HEAD CVS. Here i have an
>    average 25% better performance, how is it doing on your
>    box?

Hi,

nice work with the speedup, results on Athlon64 2.05GHz (not my
machine, unfortunately) show like 20% speedup as well:

1280x720, 496 frames mobcal-sequence

1 B-frames, Quant==4

XviD-1.01: 0m7.058s
XviD-CVS:  0m5.705s
lavc-CVS:  0m4.332s

2 B-frames, Quant==2

XviD-1.01: 0m11.296s
XViD-CVS:  0m9.235s
lavc-CVS:  0m6.772s

So,still 20% left to reach ffmpeg, but already a huge step!

Numbers were user time, measures with "time ./xvid_decraw ..." resp. "time
mplayer ..."

chl