[XviD-devel] patch for dshow inf installer

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Mon Aug 16 13:23:16 CEST 2004

Edouard Gomez schrieb:
> Reini Urban (rurban at x-ray.at) wrote:
>
>>see my patch to xvidcore/vfw/bin/xvid.inf
>>to also install xvid.ax,
>>and use a temporary "(snapshot)" postfix in the codec description
>>
>>now that the mingw build can also do the dshow filter...
>>
>>at
>>http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/xvid/inf-ax.patch
>
> I wonder if the dshow filter should have its own .inf file, or
> we if we have to move the .inf outside the vfw subirectory,
> because it would not only be related to vfw.
>
> Opinions welcome:
>  - do we have two .inf files (one for dshow and another for vfw)
>    Pros: users can install two components
>    Cons: maybe it's harder to decide when to replace the
>          common xvidcore.dll

Convinced. This is probably the easiest way.
But I don't really understand the dowsnside of the common xvidcore.dll
dependency. Either vfw or dshow will update the common file(s). As long
as the modularization is good enough... Older xvidvwf.dll should work
with newer xvidcore.dll and the other way round also. Anyone tested this?

Seperate installers (nic or koeppi) can have their own .inf files for
their setup.exe

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/