[XviD-devel] DirectShow decoder bug in Compatibility renderer mode

Harghh harghh at free.fr
Mon Aug 16 16:33:11 CEST 2004

> This seems to be an issue on your computer,

I can reproduce it on at least 6 computers :

Computer 1 : Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200, Windows 2000 SP4, DirectX 9.0c,
Duron 1.8Ghz
Computer 2 : S3 Graphics Twister K, Windows XP, DirectX 8.1, Athlon 2.0ghz
Computer 3 : ATI Radeon IGP 345M, Windows XP SP1, DirectX ?, Pentium 4
2.66ghz
Computer 4 : Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS (Screen 1) and 3DFX Voodoo 3 (Screen2),
Windows 2000 SP4, DirectX 9.0b, Athlon XP 1.6Ghz (the bug occurs on both
screens)
Computer 5 : Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440, Windows XP SP1, DirectX 8.1, Pentium
4 2.0Ghz
Computer 6 : Nvidia Geforce 4 FX 5200, Windows 2000 SP4, DirectX 9.0b,
Athlon 2.5ghz

On this computer i wasn't able to reproduce it :

Computer 7 : ATI Radeon 9200, Windows 2000 SP4, DirectX 9.0b, Athlon 2.5ghz

> depending on your vga card, overlay settings (is the >card able to do an
> yuv2/yv12 overlay?

Where can i find this information ?

> play with the "force colourspace" option) or vga driver.

The bug appears only with screen color in 32bits with the compatibility
renderer option enabled and the output colourspace set to no force or
RGB32.

With all others combinations of compatibility renderer, output colourspace
and 32bits/16bits/256 screen colors there is no problem.

Can i force the output colourspace to RGB24 in order to fix this issue on
all computers ? Is it safe ?

> Is dx9 properly installed (use start->run->dxdiag)?

Yes, all DirectX installations are ok

Best regards,

Harghh