[XviD-devel] XviD on Mac OS X

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Sat Aug 21 17:04:37 CEST 2004

Hi

I don't know what's wrong with xvidcore-1.0.1. I always work with the
cvs version.

Currently I'm porting more altivec routines. You can download the
current work from my public tla repository.
BUT Perhaps Edourd may write if that's a good idea since I'm in the
middle of porting

=> lowpass functions still there
=> interpolate halfpel_add functions are new though not yet good tested.
=> not yet any new qpel optimization

my repository can be found at:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~naegelic/arch-repositories/xvidcore

you can check out the following there
xvidcore--naegeli-head--0.0

If you like a version prior to that poring, I got an enhanced cvs
version from 17. July 04 located at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~naegelic/xvid_qt_download.html

BUT: with this one, you have to manually process the file
'mem_transfer_ppc.s.m4' and link manually into the library:

If you don't want to do this, just remove the following lines in
'xvid.c' located at line 602:

		if(cpu_flags & XVID_CPU_ASM) {
			/* mem transfer */
			transfer8x8_copy = transfer8x8_copy_ppc_asm;
		}

Hope this helps.

--
Christoph