[XviD-devel] XviD on Mac OS X

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Aug 23 09:51:51 CEST 2004

Selon Sebestyén Gábor <segabor at mac.com>:
> You told me I should use xvidcode from cvs. It means that the cvs
> version is much more ppc capable and faster than the official 1.0.1
> release which is freshly issued.

For xvid 1.0 line of development, PPC port was just too kludgy to be labeled
as 1.0. I preferred to remove support for it, because no one was able to tell
if this port was wroking (as is for ia64)

At the same time, christoph nägeli contacted us to replace/improve PPC port.
But this was already too late for 1.0, everything was feature freezed. So
he and I started integrating his work directly on 1.1 branch, which is CVS
head branch.

> How could it be? It is veeery strange

No it's not, CVS is always newer than releases, as CVS is our revision manager
tool for development. So now to answer precisely how could it be... just
look at the great work christoph did for the next 1.1 (and there is more to
come)

The merge on mainline:
http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/ed.gomez@free.fr--2004-1/xvidcore--head--0.0--patch-3?log

Detailed changesets in the specific PPC branch:
http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/ed.gomez@free.fr--2004-1/xvidcore--devapi4-ppc--1.0

--
Edouard Gomez