[XviD-devel] qpel matrices

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Sat Aug 28 15:56:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

Perhaps you know, I'm currently porting the new patches from Edouard to
altivec and I got some questions about the qpel code (qpel.c) which
some of you may answer I think.

About the definition of the FIR_Tab_16 (and perhaps FIR_Tab_8, too. I'm
not yet coding the '8 routines'):

This Matrix is defined with elements of int32_t though they range just
from -7 to 23 so would it be possible to declare it using int8_t or
will they change in the future? That way I could load one line per
vector which leads to the next question. Is there an easy way to create
these values on the fly so I don't have to fetch them from a global
variable? I don't see any easy trick to generate though in qpel.c,
there are tables allocated for mmx which aren't hardcoded so I think
they will be generated on the fly (I don't understand x86 assembly so I
can't see myself).

--
Christoph