[XviD-devel] XVID_CSP_RGBA alpha unfilled?

Kurt Bernhard Pruenner leak at gmx.at
Sun Aug 29 22:18:49 CEST 2004

Christoph Nägeli wrote:
> On 28 Aug, 2004, at 19:08, Sebestyén Gábor wrote:
> > I recently noticed when decoding in RGBA mode xvidcore-1.0.1 it does
> > not set alpha layer so my movie plays in full dark.
> > When I set all alpha components to 0xFF I can see my movie..
> >
> > Is it a bug or a feature?
>
> I think alpha shouldn't be set by xvid because the internal format is
> not RGB and I don't think an alpha channel can be encoded in the mpeg4
> stream.

I think what he meant was that when he wanted XviD to decode his movie
to RGBA the result had all alpha values set to fully transparent, so he
couldn't see anything. Of course there are no alpha values stored in a
movie, but shouldn't the decoded images have all their alpha values set
to fully opaque so you can actually see something?

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......