[XviD-devel] [BUG] Last patch in encoder.c breaks encoder

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Fri Dec 10 02:40:18 CET 2004

Edouard Gomez wrote:
> Hey,
>
> seems like the last patch from sysKin breaks the encoder badly.
>
> This patch relies on the fact every block goes through RD optimisation
> which is obviously bad idea, so encoder ends up trying to encode inter
> block filled with 0, but these function assume there is at least one non
> zero value in the 8x8 block and doesn't check for index<64 in order to speed
> up things a bit.
>
> This results in nice segfaults whatever sequence you encode w/o vhq enabled.
> Meaning all first passes would fail.

What did you ever expect from me? ^^

Now seriously, it's my way of making bugs: I haven't forgotten anything,
the non-vhq blocks have (initial) cbp of 63 at all cases I can test
(which is good), and I just changed this line:

    pMB->cbp = MBTransQuantInter(...);
into
    MBTransQuantInter();

so cbp is not updated by transquant. Heh....

Fixed now...
Radek