[XviD-devel] [RFC] AMD64 support

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun Dec 12 11:30:10 CET 2004

Hello,

I started merging the work from Andre Werthmann, and i'm wondering
if i must include all simd code or just the oneswhich performs best.

I mean we know amd64 supports mmx, mmxext, sse, sse2. At the moment
i ported the cpuid function just in case we include 3dnow functions.
In that case when Intel will ship their emt64 CPUs, we'll have to
have an alternative to 3dnow functions...

So the question is:
 - Do i dumbly include all asm code port or,
 - Do i include only meaningfull functions (mostly xmm functions which
   perform far better than sse2, and are more accurate than their mmx
   cousins for MPEG quant)

--
Edouard Gomez