[XviD-devel] [RFC] AMD64 support

Hans K. Rosbach hk at circlestorm.org
Sun Dec 12 17:00:17 CET 2004

> So now, mix that with my will to have a SLI system and an AMD64 CPU and you'll
> understand why i don't want to make my choice now... i'll patiently wait
> before i can play with fragment shaders on my new geForce and kick some
> monsters' asses in Doom3 :-)

You need to get the Tyan card I mentioned then.. =)
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20030

> > The next generation AMD64 cpus are roumoured to be SSE3 capable, so
> > there are interesting things coming in the future aswell.
> Well unless it's emulated :-)

Lets hope it's not.

> > Also the dual-core cpus will make the speed balance shift somewhat.
> That's only an OS thing, it will not impact xvidcore arch.

Nah, I'm talking about cache optimizations. Should not change on the AMD
unless they add a shared L3 cache, but for Intel with the shared L2 cache
it's bound to become another factor to take into account when optimizing
for several cpu types.

-=Dead2=-