[XviD-devel] Small report from my amd64 merging effort

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Dec 14 01:08:42 CET 2004

Hello,

Just a small and fast report about how things are going with my amd64
merge from Andre Werthmann.

The commit logs from an arch/tla repo on a amd64 box:
base-0
    tag of ed.gomez at free.fr--2004-1/xvidcore--head--0.0--patch-96
patch-1
    Merged mainline up to patch-101
patch-2
    Merged mainline again for hotfixes
patch-3
    Added x86_64 detection in configure system
patch-4
    Added src/utils/x86_64_asm files
patch-5
    Added /src/quant/x86_64_asm files
patch-6
    Added src/motion/x86_64_asm files

All patches include  work from the original port +  my special and usual
cleaning  touch that makes  me such  a pedantic  maintainer :-)  Well in
fact, my  pedantic level seems to lower  a bitlately as some  of you may
have noticed,  because there is  still place left for  improvements, the
more obvious  one being not swaping  registers to match the  32 bit code
register mapping :-)  i'd be better adapting the  code surrounding these
parts .  But  the majority of the  port is clean enough.  I  had just to
make sure elf function marking  was right and another few small details,
like testing everytime  new functions were merged in  order to make sure
the function were behaving 1:1 as the ia32 port.

I'll merge into my public tree at [1] pretty soon, and if everything
seems right... it'll actually make its way to the CVS a bit after.

Just a quick poll on this mailing list:
Who's able to test the port once i manage publishing it properly for 1.1
tree ?

[1]
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/ed.gomez@free.fr--2004-1

PS: thks to Andre Werthmann for the port
    thks to David Liontooth for giving me an ssh access to a bi-opteron box.
--
Edouard Gomez