[XviD-devel] Inquiry Skal About Decoding field predicted MacroBlock

mayfig mayfig99 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 15 10:02:06 CET 2004

Hi,

     When Xvid decodes an  interlaced sequence which includes field-predicted
MB, it does not function well ,for it has problem on the motion compensation in
this case, i am trying to correct it, although has got some improved result,
but still
not satisfactory.

    I noticed that Skal has good implementation in his "sklmp4-0.23" for the
special case, so could Skal reply some of my inquiry?

1) in the interlaced mode, the decoded reference MB:( dec->refn[ref].y
,dec->refn[ref].u,dec->refn[ref].v,) and the decoded current MB
(dec->cur.y,dec->cur.u,dec->cur.v) , are organized in the mode of Frame
Picture, i.e. , the two fields of the frame are interleaved, Am I right?

  So I changed the function which implements interpolation accordingly.

2) with respect to the Subclause of 7.7.2, i corrects the computation of
MVx,MVy.
and also updates the referenced MV.

3) With respect to Subclause 6.3.6.3, also taking the
forward_top_field_reference
and forward_bottom_field_reference flag into account. And I think the
referenced field comes from the previous VOP, am i right?

   Since the description about the referenced field in ISO/IEC 13808-2, there
is some difference, Am i right?

   Thanks.