[XviD-devel] Re-Inquiry Skal About Decoding field predicted MacroBlock

mayfig mayfig99 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Dec 16 10:13:29 CET 2004

Hi,Skal

    Thanks. Still i want more info about the following

> > 3) With respect to Subclause 6.3.6.3, also taking the
> > forward_top_field_reference
> > and forward_bottom_field_reference flag into account. And I think the
> > referenced field comes from the previous VOP, am i right?
>
> 	Indeed, at the beginning of a VOP, you must re-use the field
> 	references (top bottom *and* forward/backward) of the last
> 	macroblock of the previous VOP. This is also important to store
> 	field reference in P-VOP, in case a field-predicted BDirect
> 	mode shows up in a subsequent B-VOP.

   That means, if the VOP sequence is : I-P-P-P-P-P....-I, after decoding the
first P-VOP, i have to store the field references of the last field predicted
macroblock of the first P-VOP, and then use the stored field reference ,when
decoding the second P-VOP, and in turn....

   I am not sure if my understanding is right or not,and do not know why.Would
you plz give me more explanation?

  Take your time.

Regards,
Mayfig