[XviD-devel] Small report from my amd64 merging effort

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Dec 21 12:14:36 CET 2004

Hi,

Le mercredi 15 décembre 2004 à 01:05 +0100, Edouard Gomez a écrit :
> Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:

> To sump up:
>  - x86_64 non optimized: 6.2fps
>  - x86_64 optimized for this encoding option set: 17.8fps
>  - ia32 optimized: 12.8fps

My results are quite different, but there is a good explanation for
this: first is that the tla "head" checkout doesn't provide me any
x86-64 asm (the only ASM directories I get are ppc_asm, x86_asm,
ia64_asm) nor x86-64-aware build scripts (whereas Andre Werthmann's port
does feature those dirs and scripts, but I can't build it as I don't
have yasm on my debian).

I re-ran the checkout process :
$ tla register-archive \
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/ed.gomez@free.fr--2004-1/
$ tla get ed.gomez at free.fr--2004-1/xvidcore--head

...but it still doesn't provide any x86-64 code.

So for short: I can't build a x86-64 optimized XviD, I just get the pure
C generic build.

Could it be possible to either make a tarball available which contains a
HEAD snapshot or tell me what I'm doing wrong during the checkout?

Regards,
Guillaume