[XviD-devel] xvidcore.dll

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Fri Jan 2 15:09:32 CET 2004

Hi everyone and happy new year :)

I successfully changed win32 build of xvicore into a dynamic libarary,
and modified VfW and DShow projects to use the library. All I need now
is some more testing and your green light to commit it.

The libraries are now xvidcore.dll, xvidvfw.dll and xvid.ax. If you
don't like it, say now. I'll just explain that the core is not
'libxvidcore.dll' because I wanted all names to start with 'xvid' so
that it's easier to find them in windoze 'system32' dir. No problems
with changing it to libxvidcore if you like it more.

ICL8 now allows multi-file optimizations in the core. I have yet to see
if there is any speed gain ;)

Regards,
Radek

PS. I'll upload the sources to