[XviD-devel] swo more speedups possible

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Sat Jan 3 23:00:52 CET 2004

Christoph Lampert wrote:

> But please after 1.0.

Deal :)

> P.S. Have there been any complaints about beta3? Any problems left?

I gave up about the vfw gui. I think I'll try to make this one a bit
easier, at least the way I can. People got used to it, I guess...

I'd like to remove qpel from first pass after all. I encoded two movies
recently and I couldn't notice any worse quality from disabling it. I
have no idea what happened in Koepi's TheMatrix test... but Doom9 had
qpel disabled in 1st pass and xvid went well.

What else... Intra frames have higher quant than the rest. It's probably
the effect of constant negative overflow - p-frames get big part of it,
i-frames get small part of it, because that's the way code works.

I'll try doubling negative overflow i-frames recieve. Alternatively, we
can change default i-frame boost to 5%, as it seems to solve the problem.

Anything else? I guess not. I vote for next beta to be RC1.

I can't wait for the ability to add new bugs.

Radek