[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] PPC port in progress

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Jan 28 00:26:34 CET 2004

Hello,

Just to  annouce the PPC  port is being  reworked by two devs  right now
(christoph nageli  and Paul).  So if  you feel the  courage to  put some
effort too, anwser to this tread or email me.

Maybe Guillaume Morin and ben are still around ? ;-)

Basically the plan is to:
 - move to runtime altivec detection and function pointers usage
   this makes the ppc port much more similar to what the IA32 version
   does. (already done and working)
 - reimplement every SIMD function using altivec intrinsics instead of
   assembly. This helps in having sources usable for both MacOSX gcc and
   GNU/Linux gcc.
   (sad already done, not merged yet)

To  ease independent  work until  we have  something really  working and
useful, development is  done using tla/arch. Things will  be merged into
CVS later.

Testing  is also welcome,  fetch the  source with  arch/tla from  my web
space archive,  it's the xvidcore--devapi4-ppc--1.0. If  you want public
tarballs, tell me.

My archives are listed on my website:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/#archive

--