[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] XviD 1.0.0 rc1 available

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Jan 29 15:28:46 CET 2004

Fabio Bizzi (bizzi at albacom.net) wrote:
> It's since the first beta of XviD 1.0.0 that I can't play transcoded
> files with my ESS standalone Player.
>
> Actually when I want to transcode any movie in XviD I must use 0.9.4
> version (aka api 2.0 or xvid2 export module in transcode).

First,  are  you sure  you're  using  only  features supported  by  your
hardware player ?

If it is the case, and you're  100% sure this is not your fault, then we
need to have the spec of this player.

But i  fear it's  simply a  hardware MPEG4 non  conformance as  we added
important  MPEG4 headers to  the stream  in dev-api-4.  In that  case it
would  be good  for you  to  contact ESS  support and  report them  this
incompatibility though you respect the  set of features supported by the
hardware.

I can't do  much w/o more information about the  player.. and perhaps we
would even need some player unit to see what it dislike in our streams.

--
Edouard Gomez