[XviD-devel] RE: possible vfw YV12 stride bug

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Jan 30 19:55:47 CET 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> YV12 is YCbCr and accroding to mpeg standart the Chroma 4:2:0 blocks
> are coded in that order
> Y - 0,1,2,3
> Cb- 4
> Cr- 5

Okay, okay, changed.

I was confused again (an odd number of times in total), because it says
"symbols used for chrominance are Cr and Cb" in the beginning (not Cb and
Cr), but whatever, later it's used vice versa. Anyway, you are of course
right.

> Unix players use XVID_CSP_USER and are not affected by these changes.
> And I obey you to change the XVID_CSP_USER to something more
> meaningfull, like XVID_CSP_PLANAR or whatever.

Well, I'm not sure you actually 'obey' us (SCNR), but I took the liberty
of renaming XVID_CSP_USER to XVID_CSP_PLANAR while keeping the former
as alias. We don't want to break compatibility at this time.

XVID_BS_VERSION is 27 now. I have no idea how renaming could screw
anything up, but then... I know me...