[XviD-devel] 1D DCT Algorithm

Mangesh Kulkarni mangesh_k at citilindia.com
Fri Jul 2 12:26:23 CEST 2004

Hi
Im in the need of following algorithm to find out 1D DCT
  C. Loeffler, A. Ligtenberg and G. Moschytz, "Practical Fast 1-D DCT
  Algorithms with 11 Multiplications", Proc. Int'l. Conf. on Acoustics,
  Speech, and Signal Processing 1989 (ICASSP '89), pp. 988-991.

The primary algorithm described there uses 11 multiplies and 29 adds.
In XVID, their alternate method with 12 multiplies and 32 adds is used.

Please let me know any pointers to the details of this algorithm

Sincerely-

Mangesh Kulkarni
Software Engineer (DSP Group)
Conquest Integrated Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Pune.
Ph : 020-25454081 Ext:118