[XviD-devel] Bitstream Dummy Question

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Thu Jul 15 11:30:30 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Does the bitstream have to have a special alignment in memory?

I got the following problem:
If I pass the codec data on a 16 byte boundary to the decoder,
everything works fine.
If the data has a 15 byte boundary (=> unaligned), the image gets
smeared.

This happens only if I'm working with b-frames.

With my little understanding of xvid itself, I think the following
happens,
The images are in this sequence:

I (PB) B ....

If I pass with a 16 byte boundary, everything works fine, but If it is
unaligned,
I think the decoder decodes like this.

(IP) B B.

So the first image decoded is the P-frame => and the next two b-frames
look awful.
Is that possible?

Has the codec data to be special aligned?
16, 8, 4, 2 byte aligned?

--
Thanks & Regards
Christoph