[XviD-devel] URGENT: Timeline recalculation of xvid

Dirk Knop dknop at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Jul 15 13:33:28 CEST 2004

Ciburski schrieb:

>Thank you soooo much, for quick response.
>
>If that work, what gruel says, (just binary copy) i would be glad.

Well, you're dealing with avi, it won't work that way.

Now that I know it's windows based and uses AVI as container, it's
simpler to help you. Virtualdub has a job control which you can setup
manually by your (GPL-) application and run vdub by commandline. Find
the documentation on virtualdub.org. (Setting the controls to "direct
stream copy" does what it indicates: it directly copies the stream. The
other options are i.e. "fast recompress"... you don't want those.)

Else you can do that using directshow. setup a source filter which you
manually connect with a splitter and a muxer an dump that into a new
file. Search msdn.microsoft.com for dshow, or download and install the
SDK, it brings plenty of documentation with it.

On a sidenote, your problem is completely non-xvid(or mp4)-related. (?!)

I hope this helps.

Regards
Koepi