[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] XviD 1.0.1 available

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Jun 7 20:57:46 CEST 2004

Alexei Khlebnikov (a.khlebnikau at sam-solutions.net) wrote:
> On Mon,  7 Jun 2004 01:45:43 +0200
> Michael Militzer <michael at xvid.org> wrote:
>
> MM> This is XviD 1.0.1 bugfix release.
> MM>
> MM> * Debian dir
> MM>  - removed from the release tarball in an effort to get the package
> MM>    into SID as a non native package.

> Why???
> Nothing prevent Debian developer to make his own debian/ dir.

I know how all this thing works, and to maintain a debian
package as non native it's just easier to externalize the
debian dir.

> Look, Xiph's release tarballs contain debian/ dir, though their packages
> are even in Woody. Lame's and MPlayer's tarballs contain debian/ as well.

But none of them is part of debian.

> Also, the way to Debian is obstacled with MPEG4 patents.
> In the end, we have debian/ dir neither in original tarball, nor in Sid.
> :((

At this very moment, it's in the wait for manual adding to SID
(the step following first upload, it has to be added/checked manually
by some sort of FTP master guy).

Moreover you still have the choice to use my tla archive to retrieve
the debian dir:

$ apt-get install tla
$ tla register-archive \
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/arch-repositories/ed.gomez@free.fr--2004-1
$ cd ${xvidcore}
$ tla get xvidcore--debian-dir-devapi4--1.0 debian

--
Edouard Gomez