[XviD-devel] [BUG?] doom9 users observing crashes

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 05:04:33 CEST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:30:03 +0200 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:
> here is a thread about possible crashes in new release. I just wanted
> to keep track of this "bug" on our ML.
>

> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=0c957808ffa05bf677e32d8f4c082d19&threadid=77771
>
> Sample file causing crash:
> http://www.sharemation.com/aketon/for-test.avi
>
> Same as koepi and syskin, i cannot reproduce the crash on my
> GNU/Linux box.

i can reproduce it! follow these instructions:
* load the video in vdub
* play it
* drag the slider (slowly, just the frame get decoded) back to the start
of the sequence.
(it doesnt crash in dshow/mplayer2)

the location indicated by the report points to
	_interpolate8x8_halfpel_v_xmm.
	(not plugin_dump! -- vdub just prints the closest symbol).

on my system, it crashes at:  _interpolate8x8_halfpel_v_3dn

it is most probably something todo with bframes seeking?

cya
-- pete