[XviD-devel] [BUG] color range

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Jun 14 23:21:01 CEST 2004

Reported on forum:
http://www.xvid.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2100&highlight=

<quote>
Hi:
I was confused about the prediction of AC/DC described as
following.
For 8 bit video,
video_range=0 gives a range of Y from 16 to 235, Cb and Cr
from 16 to 240;
video_range=1 gives a range of Y from 0 to 255, Cb and Cr from
0 to 255.

as i know,the video_signal_type=0 in source code(bitstream.c),
=>
then the video_range should=0, and using the range [16~235]
for Y,[16~240] for Cb,Cr.
However, I use the xvidencraw(compiled from source file) to
encode video, it will use the range [0~255](but
video_signal_type=0)

And I used VrtualDud to transcode mpeg file to mpeg4 using
Xvid codec
download from other site, get the right encode DC value
[0~235],

Is the source code wrong ?
Thanks for your answer
</quote>

If someone has time for this, please comment.

--
Edouard Gomez