[XviD-devel] create.zones never freed after XVID_ENC_CREATE in VFW

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Wed Jun 16 17:04:11 CEST 2004

Edouard Gomez wrote:

>How are you going to represent zones in a flat file ?

    Well the libioaux config file handler is pretty flexible.  It
doesn't require that you use a key=value format for all the data.  Here
is what I was thinking of:

#
#
# Section: Zones
#
# This section allows you to set frame-specific encoder options.
# each line represents a single zone and has the format:
# frameno,mode,value,opt...
# frameno:  The frame number (0-based) to apply the settings to
# mode: Method of rate control:
#     W or 0: Weight-based
#     Q or 1: Quantizer-based
# value: Weight or quantizer.  NOTE: This value is divided by 100 before
#     being passed to the encoder (e.g. 100 = 1.0)
# opt: Static options for the frame.  Multiple can be passed by
separating them
#     with commas
#     KEY - begin with keyframe (same as IVOP)
#     IVOP - request frame type IVOP
#     PVOP - request frame type PVOP
#     BVOP - request frame type BVOP
#     GREYSCALE - greyscale encoding
#     CHROMAOPT - chroma optimizer enabled
#     (any number) - assumed to be BVOP sensitivity
#
#
[zones]
0,W,100,KEY,0

^^^ set a weight 1 zone at frame 0 with a keyframe and 0 BVOP sensitivity
How's that look to you?  I'm kinda not happy with the BVOP sensitivity
thing, but it was the easiest I could think of.