[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 1.0.0-rc3 available

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Mar 1 16:16:30 CET 2004

Hey hey,

This release is available since saturday but i forgot to do proper
annoucements... so here it is at last.

This is the third release candidate of XviD 1.0.0. Codenamed "Ni Hao".

This is probably the last release candidate before we go final. So if you want
a good 1.0.0 "final", please report any outstanding bug left.

Changes since 1.0.0 RC2 (Jambo):
    * xvidcore
          o Workaround for dev-api-3 decoding that causes psychedelic color
            effects for non modulo 16 encodes. dev-api-3 builds were mostly
            used by win32 users during the transition from 0.9.x series and
            1.0.x.
          o Buffer overflow reading in decoder (read up to bytes to far).
    * VFW frontend
          o Bitrate calculator fixes.
          o Status window fixes, GMC frames get counted too now.
          o Mod4 / YV12 resolutions encoding fixed.
    * DShow frontend
          o Updates and cleaning.

Win32 NB: both frontends should now work correctly on Asian systems
          (bug related to a Windows OS bug).

Files are available on my site until the web admin moves them here:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/projects/xvid-1.0.0-rc3/

OT: i would like to wish an happy birthday to my brother :-) Happy Birthday
Fabien !

--
Edouard Gomez