[XviD-devel] little image error?

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Wed Mar 17 15:06:55 CET 2004

I already deleted the source. And I got problems reproducing this with
another source.
I will mail you again if I'm able to reproduce this with another movie.

For completness:

> What is you complete configuration?
Complete configuration is the same as from mencoder (though not encoded
by mencoder) using the following options

bitrate=900
4mv
quant_range=2-20/2-20/2-31 (I,P,B)
max_key_interval=250
packed
divx5bvop
max_bframes=4
hq_ac
vhq=4
trellis

> Which version of XviD?
I'm using my own tla/arch branch based on Edouard's PPC Branch so I'm
not sure when it was last updated with cvs sources.

> I doubt that it's a bug in real xvid core, it's too visible for that.
I don't think either. This is the first time I saw these bad blocks and
I'm encoding a lot of movies to XviD...

This is from the Michael's mail:
> BTW: How are you _decoding_ the video. Make sure you use XviD and not
> ffmpeg, make sure that the decoder also only uses c-code...
I tried all three:
Decoding using XviD Optimized
Decoding using XviD c
Decoding using libavcodec