[XviD-devel] 1.0 bug

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Tue Mar 30 13:18:33 CEST 2004

Hey,

It appears that 1.0 is not so bugfree as we would like to think. As
found by Bond, n-vops don't mix with b-vops in encoder.

I found the problem - we were flushing b-frames from the queue even if
n-vop was coded, but n-vop is not a reference and we should rather
continue as if nothing happened.

A simple fix fixed the problem. In the meantime, it turned out that
timecodes were broken (when we do "forget about this n-vop" in terms of
references, we don't forget its timecode) and the last p-vop (made
during frame flush) could have became an n-vop which is wrong.

Final test are running. It all apperas right, so after Bond's
confirmation I'm commiting the code.

Perhaps we should somehow let users test if this patch doesn't break
something important?

Radek