[XviD-devel] Any bug left for 1.0.0 ? Then report.

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Tue May 4 09:25:18 CEST 2004

Hi,

>   Here's a minor bug -- in portab.h, it checks for ARCH_IS_PPC,
> but doesn't also check for ARCH_IS_PPC_ALTIVEC.
Yes. ARCH_IS_PPC_ALTIVEC does no more exists. The koncept is:
if the compiler supports c-altivec extension then the altivec is
compiled in.
in xvid_gbl_init the library checks at runtime if altivec is available
and
enables, disables the code.

>   It also appears that perhaps non-AltiVec PPC machines aren't
> supported anymore, as ARCH_IS_PPC doesn't look like it can be
> generated by configure anymore.  I don't have easy access to a
> 750 system, though, so I can't test it.
The Assembler aren't compatible between Mac OS X and Linux,
the Altivec files are a 'plain' altivec c. And it is quite faster to
write
altivec c code than assembler.

--
Christoph