[XviD-devel] automated xvid system test?

Mat Hostetter mat at curl.com
Tue May 4 17:44:56 CEST 2004

>>>>> "chl" == Christoph Lampert <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> writes:

 chl> Anyway, if you have further questions or want you code to be
 chl> integrated into XviD (e.g. example dir, which is much too
 chl> empty), then just keep posting.

Thanks.  I actually think xvid needs a new directory for automated tests,
so last week I sent Edouard a patch that adds a basic automated
test infrastructure to xvidcore.  This was mostly to assuage my guilt
for submitting a broken patch a few weeks ago.  :-)

The patch I sent him adds a tests directory, a proof-of-concept
overkill CBP automated test, and a "make test" target that builds and
runs all automated tests.  It also adds test infrastructure that makes
it easy for automated tests to run on each supported "CPU", just as
xvid_bench does.

Unfortunately the patch was about 15K, which was large enough for
xvid-devel to bounce my post, so I had to email it to Edouard
directly.  Hopefully once 1.0 is released he'll have time to look at it.

-Mat