[XviD-devel] automated xvid system test?

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue May 4 16:38:30 CEST 2004

Selon Mat Hostetter <mat at curl.com>:
> I've been thinking about writing an automated xvid "system test" as a
> way of learning the encoding/decoding API.

What about xvid_encraw ?

Measuring error:
xvid_encraw outputs PSNR and coding time, frame type for each frame.
xvid_encraw does even output average results at the end (wow, such
a feature ! ;-)

More stats ?
awk can collect data, and output more sophisticated data (like
bitrate statistics, and frame type summary).

Code Coverage:
Building xvidcore+xvid_encraw with gcov support allow you doing
coverage tests (i don't remember the options to be used with gcc).

That's all i use when doing what you try to achieve.
(well i also use valgrind on xvid_dec/encraw because it's a
 very thin layer on top of xvid thus minimizes the risk to find a bug
 in intermediate layers. I use Oprofile to do profiling)

--
Edouard Gomez